Junior Volunteer Requirements
- Junior Volunteers must be 15-16 years of age during time of service
- Completed volunteer application with two references
- Commit to the 8 weeks of volunteer service
- Volunteer a minimum of one 3-hour shift per week
- Adhere to the Volunteer Code of Ethics
- Attend one of the junior volunteer orientations
- Complete a Tuberculosis Skin Screening by JPS Health Network
- Volunteer uniforms are a navy polo shirt, slacks and closed toed shoes. Navy polo shirts may be purchased for $15. No jeans or shorts.
- The last week of service will include volunteer recognition for juniors who adhere to, and complete their volunteer service requirements.
- Firsthand experience into the vast world of healthcare
- Networking with adult volunteers and professional staff
- Relationship building with other junior volunteers
- Skills building and interpersonal skills enhancement
- Accrual of volunteer service hours
- Letter of reference from volunteer services department
- And others…to be revealed at volunteer orientation!
If you are interested in becoming a JPS Junior Volunteer, please request a volunteer application by emailing email@example.com
Or call JPS Volunteer Services at 817-702-1590