Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Materials required to apply
All applications to Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Intern Program must include these materials as supporting documentation:
- Curriculum vitae.
Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience.
- Letters of recommendation.
Two original letters of recommendation from dental school faculty or medical school faculty or current post-grad training program faculty who are thoroughly familiar with your work. If you have had prior internship training, ask your program director for a letter of recommendation. Each letter should include the writer’s opinion of your professional, academic, and personal qualifications, as well as an opinion of your potential success in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Postdoctoral fellowship applications should have one of these letters from your thesis adviser.
- Personal statement of professional goals.
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations.
• Part 1 of NBME score. Part 2 (if applicable) Scanned copies are acceptable. If you receive an appointment, official copies will be requested.
• NBME Comprehensive Basic Science score report
- Official final transcripts.
Transcripts must indicate degree earned and date conferred from each undergraduate school, dental school, and/or medical school you attended. Scanned copies are acceptable. If you receive an appointment, official copies will be requested.
- Copy of diploma from your medical school, graduate school and/or dental school.
- Valid ECFMG certificate required if you graduated from a medical school outside the U.S. or Canada.
- Please download form and send required documentation to:
Fax: 817-702-1035 ATTN: Holly Portwood
Mailing Address: Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
ATTN: Holly Portwood
1625 Saint Louis Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas 76104
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate (ECFMG)
- Electronic Residency Application Service
- Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB)
- Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME)