About the Internship
Training the healthcare administrative leaders of tomorrow in a climate of healthcare reform is more important than ever. In an effort to enhance the healthcare delivered to our community, and the nation, JPS offers a summer internship program for graduate students interested in healthcare administration.
JPS Health Network’s Administrative Internship program presents a unique opportunity for qualified candidates to learn and grow as a healthcare professional under the leadership and guidance of the executive team. This hands-on learning experience offers an in-depth look at healthcare today.
Participating interns will develop a greater understanding of hospital operations at all levels, including clinical and support services. The 12-14 week internship program will allow them to gain practical knowledge of healthcare administration and observe the challenges facing hospitals today.
- 12 to 14 week internship
- Clinical and non-clinical rotation opportunities are available
- Interns are able to observe and participate at all organizational levels
- Interns can directly contribute to organizational projects under executive mentorship
- Projects are selected based on a combination of organizational need and the intern’s skill sets and interests
- Program has flexible start and end dates to run from late May to the end of August