To request a volunteer application, please contact Volunteer Services.
- Standard volunteer shift—2-4 hours
- Commit to serving at least 50 hours within a one-year period
- Provide two references
- Consent for a criminal background check to be completed by JPS Health Network
- Adhere to the Volunteer Code of Ethics
- Complete study materials and a Volunteer Orientation Session
- Complete a Tuberculosis Test and seasonal flu vaccination provided by JPS Health Network
- Adhere to Volunteer Code of Ethics, Policy & Procedures
- Wear required uniform which consists of a volunteer vest, smock/apron, or polo shirt
What is the time commitment?
We ask our volunteers to commit to at least one 4-hour shift per month. We can work with you to pick a day and time that you will most consistently be available.
Can I volunteer more than once a week?
How do I complete a Tuberculosis Skin Screening?
Paperwork and directions for completing a Tuberculosis Skin Screening will be given at the interview.
How old must you be to serve as an adult volunteer?
Our adult volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. If you are interested in our Junior Volunteer Program, please click here.
Will I be able to shadow or provide direct patient care (such as check blood pressure, temperature or provide physical therapy) with any doctors or nurses as a volunteer?
No. JPS Volunteers serve to meet the non-clinical needs of our health network. Many of our volunteers help improve the patient experience and have plenty of patient interaction without providing direct care.
Will my volunteer experience lead to a job at JPS Health Network?
Probably not. A volunteer is a treasure to JPS. We want volunteers to have a positive experience without the hassle of employment considerations. If you are seeking a paid position, please visit JPS Human Resources.