The diagnosis and management of behavioral health conditions can be complex and access to psychiatrists and other behavioral health professionals can be challenging.
JPS Health Network has built a free virtual resource center available by phone or email to Primary Care Providers Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The behavioral health team is committed to providing one-on-one guidance to primary care providers, an online library of evidence-based behavioral health resources, and educational opportunities about behavioral health conditions.
The links on the right provide a host of resources including consultations, a document library and community resources.
- A team member from virtual guidance team shall be available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to respond within 30 minutes of a request.
- Providers are encouraged to raise questions on any topic related to the care of patients with mental health, substance abuse or developmental needs.
- Access to services will allow primary care providers to utilize behavioral health expertise in areas including but not limited to:
- Diagnostic impressions and guidance
- Psychoactive medication information and guidance
- Trajectory and outcomes of mental health diagnoses
- Cultural considerations relevant to behavioral health treatment
- Referral recommendations for ongoing treatment
- Behavioral health self-management resources
In addition to answering questions, this free service will include:
- An initial needs assessment survey to understand what you need as a provider
- Monthly educational newsletters regarding evidence based practices and mental health news
- Access to a psychiatrist, psychiatric social worker, and a psychiatric registered nurse Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Online research library with evidence-based and best practice protocols
- Educational opportunities throughout the year about psychiatric illnesses within primary care