The Future of Healthcare
Medical-Surgical Application & Interview
Apply to be a part of our Medical-Surgical Nurse Residency cohort! The Medical-Surgical NR Interview Day will take place on December 1. Specific details regarding the interview will be provided via email.
Application and Interview Process
- Apply using the general application. You do not need to apply to a specific track at this time. See below for the list of 2023 cohorts.
- Your application will be reviewed within 72 hours.
Candidate Interest Form:
- Receive and complete the form online via email.
- Confirm your contact information and choose two areas of interest.
- Interviews will take place roughly two weeks after the application period closes.
- The sooner you apply, the sooner you will sign up for an interview time.
- Interviews are on-site and in-person at JPS during an interview fair.
- There will be one interviewer per hiring manager.
- You will have the opportunity to have two scheduled division interviews and a chance to interview with more.
Nurse Residency Cohorts 2024
Note: All dates and timelines are subject to change. Updates will be made here as soon as possible.
|July & August 2024|
|Application Period||January 8, 2024 – February 2, 2024|
|Open House (Hospital Tour)||January 11th, 2024 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Interviews||Week of February 12th|
|Application Period||May 1, 2024 – May 31, 2024|
|Open House (Hospital Tour)||May 1, 2024 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Interviews||Week of June 17th|
|February & March 2025|
|Application Period||September 2, 2024 – September 27, 2024|
|Open House (Hospital Tour)||August 29, 2024 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Interviews||Week of October 7, 2024|
- January 8, 2024-February 2, 2024
- May 1, 2024-May 31, 2024
- September 2, 2024-September 27, 2024
You must submit an application during the open application acceptance time frame.
Go to the JPS intranet, Human Resources, Internal Career Opportunities and then search for the JPS Nurse Residency position. This position will only be listed during the open application time frame.
The JPS Nurse Residency Program accepts nurse graduate students in areas including: Medical-Surgical, Critical Care, Emergency Services, Women’s Services, Perioperative Services & Behavioral Health.
The JPS Nurse Residency Program is a 12-month program planned to support graduate nurses transitioning into their first professional nursing role.
Your application will be reviewed to ensure that the basic qualifications are met. If you meet the qualifications, you will receive the “Candidate Interest Form” via email. After completing the form, you will receive information regarding the onsite interviews.
If you are not selected to move forward, you will be notified. We will keep your information on file for 90 days, should our needs change.
When you submit your application, it will ask you to include a resume and a cover letter.
Most Nurse Residents work the night shifts during the 12-month program. Schedules vary and largely depend on the needs of the unit/division.