The FDA has authorized an additional dose (booster) of both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines in certain immunocompromised individuals. JPS will begin offering this additional dose to patients and team members who meet the following criteria or are evaluated to have an equal level of health risk:
- Active or recent treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ or recent hematopoietic stem cell transplants
- Severe primary immunodeficiency
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids, alkylating agents, antimetabolites, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory
- Chronic medical conditions such as asplenia and chronic renal disease may be associated with varying degrees of immune deficit
JPS patients and employees who meet the criteria for an additional dose of vaccine can direct schedule their vaccine appointment via JPS MyChart or call 817-702-1100, option #7, to schedule their vaccine appointment. Please bring your vaccination card with you to your appointment. The additional dose (booster) cannot be given less than 28 days from the last dose of Pfizer or Moderna received. At the time of vaccination, patients will be required to sign attestation that a medical condition exists which results in an immunocompromised state.