|JPS Virtual Residency and Fellowship First Look Event
Wednesday, August 24th at 5:30 PM CST
|JPS Health Network residency and fellowship programs are excited to welcome all medical students to our inaugural diversity, equity, and inclusion first look event. This event is open to all medical students, especially those with a URiM background, as well as those with a passion for issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As the largest program in the country, we are proud of our storied tradition. Our graduates practice full-service family medicine in nearly every state across the U.S. and in numerous countries around the globe. They serve their communities in a vast array of practice settings such as rural, suburban, international, inner city, and academic. Our graduates are proven local, state, and national community leaders.
JPS is known for outstanding clinical experience and unparalleled procedural training. In addition, rigorous academic instruction has resulted in record scores on the American Board of Family Medicine In-Training Examination over the past fifteen years and a growing number of residency faculty nationwide.
We are passionate about the future. Since 2006, as leaders in the P4 Initiative and Length of Training Pilot, we have led the nation in residency curriculum innovation with goals to meet the needs of the communities our graduates serve. We believe a personalized approach to resident education will produce the best physicians, and we will continue our innovations via the new ACGME AIRE project (Advancing Innovation in Residency Education).
UNIQUE ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM
- JPS trains more family medicine physicians than any other program in the U.S.
- JPS residents care for the medically underserved across the globe and locally through our innovative street medicine track.
- Our large, diverse patient population allows training in complex and multiple disease processes.
- JPS is the national leader in procedural training and is known for an outstanding academic curriculum.
- JPS offers unparalleled clinical experience in the stabilization and treatment of complicated cases in both inpatient and outpatient settings. All resident health centers are recognized as Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Homes by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
- Our International Health Clinic gives you the opportunity to treat refugees from around the world.
- JPS has the nation’s premier family medicine, four-year, advanced Maternal Child Health track. - You’ll get the opportunity to contribute to our outstanding research reputation.
- JPS offers Sports Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowships, as well as fourthyear training in rural medicine, obstetrics, advanced procedures, global medicine and Advanced Rural-Global Medicine and Surgery (ARMS).
- JPS is a nationally recognized education innovator as an ACGME Length of Training Pilot and P4 Initiative participant.
The broad base of knowledge and well-rounded experience you get at JPS gives you the flexibility to choose what type of medicine you practice and where. These are just some of the areas and procedures in which you can look forward to exceptional training.
- Nation’s Premier Maternal Child Health Four-Year Track
- Advanced Hospital and Critical Care with airway and ventilator management, bronchoscopy, central and arterial line placements
- ARMS: Advanced Rural/Global Medicine and Surgery Four Year Track
- Street Medicine with homeless outreach
- Integrated Ultrasound Training
- Practice Management
- Lifestyle Medicine
- HIV Longitudinal Track
- Behavioral Health four-year option
- Academic Leadership
- Leadership and Ethics
- Advanced Community Medicine
- Level 1 Trauma