We are dedicated to providing for the complete healthcare needs of women in our community. We provide services and support for women who are seeking prenatal care, childbirth services, and well-woman care at every stage of life.
At John Peter Smith Hospital, we deliver about 5,000 babies a year - about 20 percent of all deliveries in Tarrant County. We are committed to helping parents prepare for their new family member and ensuring that every child born at JPS has the best possible start in life.
Make an appointment today by calling 817-702-6500. Find a list of accepted insurance plans here.
Available services include:
- Prenatal Care
- OB Triage—Available any time of day or night for patients who need immediate medical attention related to a pregnancy.
- Welcome Baby—Our program offers a wealth of amenities to help make childbirth a wonderful and positive experience for your whole family. Our team members are trained to provide the best care.
- Breastfeeding—JPS provides all the necessary support for moms to exclusively breastfeed while they are in the hospital and after they leave JPS.
- Special Needs—JPS provides advanced care for mothers who have complications in pregnancy and newborns who need extra medical attention.
- Special Services—Our program is designed to help pregnant women and women who have recently given birth handle issues such as mental illness, substance abuse, and domestic violence
- Staying Healthy—Complete women's healthcare is available for all age groups, including services such as well woman exams and mammograms.
- Before & Between—Program to help women manage their healthcare needs before and between pregnancies, including assistance with family planning and management of chronic health conditions.
What can you expect from the program?
The JPS Mom & Baby program provides services to those who have a substance exposed pregnancy, or have a substance use disorder and are parenting a child under the age of six.
This program can help connect you to prenatal care, mental health program, substance use treatment, parenting education, and other community resources.
You can expect to receive case management services which includes: helping you develop a service plan to identify community resource needs, assistance and support with accessing resources, and regular follow-up to help you stay connected to services.
The program also assists with getting connected to medication-assisted treatment services and provides weekly "Mommies" classes, to help with life skills, stress management, and parenting.
Program enrollment is voluntary. The groups and services provided by JPS Mom & Baby are offered at no cost, courtesy of JPS Health Network and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
JPS Health Network does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, nationality, disability or age in admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs and activities.
For a referral, email email@example.com or call 817-702-7322.
- Text4baby—Pregnant moms can get three text messages a week, with information about labor, prenatal care, developmental milestones, and more. Available in English or Spanish.
- Safe to Sleep—Reduce the risk of Sleep-Related Infant Death.
- Recognizing Postpartum Depression
- Checkup Checklist
- Is It Delivery Time?
- Visitor Information